Alumni Relations and Placement Office (ARPO)
The Alumni Relations and Placement Office (ARPO) is the university’s lead unit in promoting involvement of alumni in university programs and events, and sustaining their continuous commitment to the university’s vision-mission.
Together with De La Salle Dasmariñas Alumni Association, Inc., ARPO creates projects aimed at reconnecting target groups of alumni to the university; and provides services and assistance to the graduates for employment and other related purposes. Among these are pre-employment services and career opportunities through labor market information.
Strategically, ARPO’s main roles are:
- Building and maintaining dynamic relations with alumni groups, industrial partners and prospective employers;
- Career and placement services for career opportunities for students and alumni, in collaboration with academic and non-academic personnel of the university;
- Maintenance of alumni database and career resource center through the Alumni portal;
- Liaise between university, employers, students and alumni.
Programs and Projects
Green and White Partnership (GWP) Program
GWP is a program developed by the Alumni Relations and Placement Office (ARPO) to promote partnerships with local and multi-national companies and other institutions for employment and tap the vast potentials of academe and industry partnership.
Specifically, the program hopes to create more possibilities for DLSU-D by providing quality employment opportunities for its alumni and graduating class while promoting its graduates; and for the industry by helping to minimize the learning curves of employees and provide a steady pool of competent professionals. The program also presents a platform for a free exchange of information between the industry and the academe for a more responsive and updated academic programs and to address prevailing employment issues.
Eligibility of Partners
The partnership program is open to local and multinational companies fully registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and/or Department of Trade and Industries (DTI). It also welcomes recruitment and placement agencies licensed by the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) and registered contractors/subcontractors duly registered by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) pursuant to Department Order No. 18, s. 2002 for local and overseas employment.
Partners will enjoy the privileges enumerated below upon registration in the program.
Partners are required to complete the following requirements for official registration.
- One-year access to DLSU-D graduates’ profile through Alumni Portal
- Print and electronic advertisement opportunities
- Career Talks
- Expanded job vacancy posting
- Waived fees during the ANIMO Job and Career Expo
- Certificate of donations
Animo Job and Career Expo
- Completed GWP Partnership Registration form
- Duly signed Terms and Conditions
- Company Profile
- SEC or DTI registration (whichever is applicable)
- BIR Certificate of Registration or Business Permit
- DOLE or POEA registration or license (for private recruiting placement agencies only)
- Membership/partnership contribution
ARPO is dedicated to meet the recruitment needs of employers and promote career advancement of Lasallians through strong partnerships with top local and multinational companies. The Animo Job and Career Expo is an annual event that gathers top employers and DLSU-D graduating class and alumni for potential employment. The affair presents a thousand job opportunities for over 1500 Lasallians applicants from ARPO’s partners companies.
Serbisyong Lasalyano: Pre-employment Services
“Serbisyong Lasalyano” provides DLSU-D graduating students, alumni and other members of the DLSU-D community a fast, easy, and convenient on-site application of government documents such as passport, SSS number, NBI clearance, NSO documents, and postal ID. The program is in partnership with DLSDAA and various government agencies.
Alumni Relations and Placement Office (ARPO) Scholarship Endowment Fund
As part of the noble effort to contribute to the “One La Salle Scholarship Fund” campaign, ARPO has created the ARPO Scholarship Endowment Fund to provide Lasallian education to underprivileged students.
Funds come from donations of alumni and partner companies through ARPO programs such as the Animo Job Expo, and the Green and White Partnership (GWP) Program, among others. The guidelines below apply.
myDLSUD Alumni Portal
- A slot for scholarship shall be made available to a deserving student. Priority shall be given to children of repatriated overseas Filipino workers (OFW) and/or children of alumni.
- The scholarship is open to freshmen and upperclassmen. The grantee should have satisfied the requirements for admission set by the university for freshman applicants.
- Application and required documents shall be submitted to the ARPO for screening and approval with the final concurrence of the Vice Chancellor for Mission, External Affairs and Advancement.
- The scholarship shall cover the tuition fee only. Miscellaneous fees, other fees and expenses shall be shouldered by the grantee.
- To remain in the program, the scholar must maintain a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 in all subjects inclusive of the last semester.
- The grantee must not be indicted of any major offense enumerated in the Student Manual while under the scholarship.
- No shifting or dropping of subjects shall be allowed.
- Relatives of employees of the university to the third degree of consanguinity are not qualified to apply.
- The scholarship may be renewed per semester.
- The grantee shall be required to render 320 hours of service duty per semester to the Alumni Relations and Placement Office.
Alumni Portal is a web-based alumni database managed by ARPO in partnership with DLSDAA, through the technical assistance of the Information and Communications Technology Center (ICTC). The system is an online alumni directory that contains continuously updated basic contact information for potential employment and correspondence purposes. The facility can be accessed by both alumni and industry partners. The portal can be viewed through this URL: http://apps.dlsud.edu.ph/application/alumniportal/client/index.aspx
Byaheng Verde: The Alumni Reach-out Caravan
Byaheng Verde: The Alumni Reach-out Caravan (ARC) is among the creative programs of ARPO and DLSDAA where the unit pays visit to selected partners where a considerable number of alumni is employed. The program gives unique opportunities to alumni to get fresh updates about the association and the university, and reconnect with their Alma Mater sans leaving their workplaces.
Specifically, the following are hope to be accomplished in each visit: (1) updating of alumni information; (2) information regarding the latest events in the university; (3) alumni tracer; (4) evaluation of ARPO’s alumni services; and (5) on-site alumni card application.
Senior High School Entrance Exam Schedule for S.Y. 2016 - 2017
||Release of Results
||December 14 - 15 and January 608
||February 8 -19
||March 7 - 18
||April 4 - 16
||April 18- 29
||May 2 - 6
||May 23 - 27