Guided by the Lasallian virtues of faith, zeal and communion in service, the University is at the forefront of building partnerships with communities in Dasmariñas that are in need of support in achieving social transformation.
As a member of the community, DLSU-D ensures that Lasallian education inculcates the value of social awareness among its students in order to mobilize them into action and inspire them into being catalysts for change and uplfitment in the lives of their fellowmen.
The Lasallian Community Development Center (LCDC) is the lead unit of De La Salle University - Dasmariñas in implementing community development programs. It is an important resource of social transformation by facilitating relevant and innovative community programs involving the University and its partner communities made possible through training, service, research, and networking.
The Balik Aral Program is administered by the Professional Education Department under the College of Education (CoED), the program is a special curriculum that prepares out of school youth for the Department of Education's ALS program. The program is facilitated by volunteer teachers from DLSU-D pool of exemplary educators after their regular class schedules.
For High School level, minimum age is 16 years old.
- For Elementary, minimum age is 13 years old.
- The students should have stopped formal schooling two to three years prior to enrollment
- Drug Test
- Report of Grades or Form 137
- Barangay and Police clearance or NBI clearance
- NSO authenticated
- Birth Certificate
2X2 ID picture (2 pieces)
1X1 ID picture (2 pieces)
- The student applicant should pass the interview to be conducted by the Balik Aral Program Coordinator
PROCEDURE FOR ENROLLMENT:
- Secure application form from the Balik aral Program Coordinator (LDH103-C) or from the Professional Education Department Office. (c/o Ms. Lhyn Baja)
- Submit the application form together with the complete requirements.
- Secure the schedule of the interview.
- Upon passing the interview and the submission of the complete requirements, the student will be informed if he/she is accepted in the Balik Aral Program.
- A list of students who passed the screening will be posted by the first week of June.
- Then, the student will be required to apply for school ID (P100.00) and pay for the BAP uniform (P150 or higher depending on the market price).
- All money matters will be transacted through the Accounting Office.
The DLSU-D Night College Scholarship aims to provide academic opportunities to indigent but deserving working individuals of the province of Cavite. It offers business programs such as:
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major in Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major in Business Operations Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major in Service Management
- Bachelor of Science in Office Administration
The program has the following objectives:
- To provide sound Christian education to the economically disadvantaged young workers and employees in Cavite
|Social: Poor but deserving working youth are given opportunities to finish college education with free tuition
- To help the depressed communities through holistic approach in developing destitute people become productive members of our society
- To inculcate to the community the importance of sharing one's gift and resources to less privileged members of the community
- To instill to the people of the province that the University is living up to its mission statement of providing opportunities to the less fortunate
- To provide workers and employees an opportunity to finish their college education
|Economic: This program could help depressed communities through it's holistic approach to develop destitute people to become productive
Individuals selected for the scholarship must be:
- A resident of the Province of Cavite;
- 18 years old and above;
- A high school graduate with a Grade Point Average of not less than 85%;
- A permanent of probationary employee at the time of enrollment;
- A low-income person at or near the poverty level;
- An individual with a good sense of time management and drive to succeed and;
- Able to pass the De La Salle University – Dasmariñas entrance examination.
Applicants for scholarship should be able to provide the following documents:
- Form 138 (high school report card)
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- Birth Certificate (with NSO Authentication)
- Certificate of Employment
5. Income Tax Return (latest)
- Health Certificate
- Certificate of Indigence
- Letter of Endorsement from School (Teacher, Principal) or Parish (Priest, Deacon, Pastor) or Public Servant (Barrio Captain, Mayor) or Head of head of civic organization (President, Chairman)
Bahay Pag Asa Dasmariñas is a transformation center for children in conflict with the law. Instead of detaining them in detention centers, these children will be cared for in a monastery-type center inside the 27-hectare campus of De La Salle University-Dasmariñas with the following objectives:
Administer a holistic formation program for children in conflict with the law;
Provide competent and committed legal assistance; and
Implement a post-release program.
- Administer a holistic formation program for children in conflict with the law;
- Provide competent and committed legal assistance; and
- Implement a post-release program
To nurture children-in-conflict with the law in achieving their full potentials and to be a venue for them to become positive resources for church and nation ,particularly in the CALABARZON area and other neighboring cities or municipalities.