Parents Organization La Salle Cavite (POLCA)
SUPPORT and SERVICE
S ervice to the
U niversity as
P arent-Partners in
O rganized to
R ealize its
A ccountability N obility D edication
S upport to
E ndeavors in
R ealization of
I nvolvement and
C ommitment to
Imbibing the core values of Lasallian Institution Faith, Zeal in Service and Communion in Mission, the POLCA DLSU-Dasmarinas, Inc. stands significantly as a strong partner of De La Salle University-Dasmarinas in achieving its goal of academic excellence.
Performs its function as member of the Lasallian Community by extending viable and essential support to all programs, projects, and activities of all sectors, which will directly and indirectly benefit students and parents. It shall be involved actively in promoting and preserving the tradition of excellence in the creation of possibilities of De La Salle University-Dasmarinas.
POLCA Board Of Trustees
- Frederick Godinez, Sr., MSE
Engr. Benjamin R. Pimentel III
Josephine C. Bermudez
- Normalyn R. Pantino, MA
Eleonor P. Ogarte
Danilo B. Serrano
- Engr. Jaime T. Valdez
POLCA Accomplishment Report
Engr. Jaime Valdez
2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011, 2011-2012
Dr. Carmelyn C. Antig
POLCA has donated several structures, tangibles, financial awards/assistance to the university in service to each sector of the community.
FOR OUR STUDENTS:
FOR THE FACULTY:
- Books for the library donated July 16, 2010
- Cash allowances for selected Ten (10) SPREAD scholars as recommended by
the College Deans effective School Year 2007-2008;
- Cash awards to graduates with Latin Honors effective School Year 2009-
- Botanical Garden thru the POLCA Garden of Exotic Plants which serves as
the laboratory for our College of Science students implemented School
- Cash donated to the BahayPag-asa, laboratory of our College of Criminal
Justice Education students School Years 2011-12; 2012-2013;
- Two (2) Chandeliers to the College of Tourism and Hospitality Management
to give the college an impressive look of a 5-star hotel School Year 2011-
- Well defined guidelines for Financial Assistance to accredited student
organizations to help them out intheir activities as previously practised,
implemented/adopted School Year 2007-2008 (continuous);
- POLCA full scholars for tuition and miscellaneous fees with monthly
allowance implemented School Year 2008-2009 (continuous);
- Regular donation of P500K every semester since School Year 2005-2006 up
to the Centennial Year 2011-2012 to the POLCA Scholarship Endowment
Fund.To date it has reached the amount of more than P7M including
FOR THE SUPPORT STAFF:
- One time donation of an amount to add up to the budget for Faculty
Development Fund implemented on July 16, 2010;
- Cash awards for the Outstanding Faculty of the College and the Institutional
- Outstanding Faculty implemented School Year 2007-2008 (continuous).
FOR THE PARENTS:
- Service tryke for our Security Patrol donated School Year 2008-2009;
- Bikes for our SWAFO Formatores donated School Year 2010-2011;
- Cash award to the Outstanding Staff implemented School Year 2007-2008;
FOR THE COMMUNITY:
- Beautification of the POLCA lawn and the installation of the Holy Family
Shrine, a structure that inspires each family School Year 2008-2009;
- Installation of the St. John Baptist De La Salle Shrine to express our
Gratitude for giving our children the opportunity to earn a Lasallian
Education School Year 2009-2010;
- Providing a PARENTS' PORTAL, a service facility that enables all
parents to access information about their sons/daughters such as grades,
schedules of classes, assessment of fees and the subjects they are enrolled
in effective School year 2010-2011. Effective SY 2012-2013, Prelim
and Mid term grades are encoded online.
- Infotxt text blasting facility for information dissemination, acquired School
- POLCA Guaranteed Loan to help out parents whose payments may be
delayed for Prelim and Mid term periods implemented School Year 2007-
- Employed the services of a Consultant for operational efficiency defining
account titles and accounting procedures to be able to present a reflective
report on the financial affairs of the organization School Year 2011-2012.
CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR 2012-2013
- Well-defined/managed use of the POLCA Multipurpose Hall
(FBH)thru a well-written set of guidelines for its FREE use effective
School Year 2007-2008;
- Operated the IKOT Lasalle to facilitate travel in the entire 27 ha. Campus
implementedJune 2008 (still operational);
Operated two (2) electric jeepneys in addition to the IKOT Lasalle 2009and
2010 respectively (all providing a regular source of fund for scholarship
- A share in the amount to be used in the acquisition of CCTV cameras School
- Synchronized Digital Clock with Signage that provides a standard uniform
time in the entire university and also a portion for institutional and
collegiate announcements. It also provides prayers for The Angelus and
the Three oclock prayer. For college announcements, this can be used
by accredited student organizations in lieu of tarpaulins, which likewise
shall provide a little amount for maintenance and scholarship. Turned
over to the university May 2012.
- Selection of five (5) scholarship grantees from the interest of the POLCA Scholarship Endowment Fund where scholars enjoy a 50% funding on total miscellaneous and tuition fees;
- Selection of five (5) new POLCA full scholars after having graduated two recipients.
One is the additional per year as a commitment to provide a scholar for each college, two to fill in the vacancies of two scholars who graduated and two new ones to fill in two slots of scholars not being able to maintain the grade requirement;
- Replacement of the POLCA Guaranteed Loan to a new monicker LEAP (as modified by then VP Frederick Godinez in 2011-2012 but for implementation in the school year 2012-2013. An amount of P500K has been allocated per semester but parent/beneficiaries shall enjoy P5000 to be extended only upon enrolment. Guidelines were written for this purpose;
- Implementation of the Spoon Project amounting to P60,000 as sponsored by then VP Frederick Godinez during the School Year 2011-2012 but released for use in School Year 2012-2013;
- Sponsored a Dinner for A Cause Project proceeds of which were given to BahayPagasa;
- Supported the Takatak Project during the Lasallian Festival celebration to help
raise funds for BahayPagasa thru parent participation and donating cash prizes;
- Sponsored the "Famealy Project" during the Lasallian Festival for a boodle fight for members of the community;
- Succeeded in requesting the inclusion in the steps of the enrolment process for Parents' Portal Password enrollment
- Donation of a Sewing Machine for BahayPag-asa
- Coordinated with the University Lasalian Formation Office for parents' participation in the formation program by sectors LS Cares;
- Donated an additional amount of P100K to BahayPagasa to the initial amount of P100K donated during School Year 2011-2012.
- Donated one (1) solar lamp post for the track oval.
- Recognition of parents.
Guidelines for the use of Francisco Barzaga Hall (FBH) (Multi-Purpose Hall of POLCA DLSU-Dasmariñas, Inc.)
- All users of the FBH are required to fill out a reservation form available at the POLCA office. The accomplished form/request should have the approval of POLCA at least five (5) days before the actual use on a first-come first-served basis.
- All members of POLCA, offices/departments of the university and recognized organizations are allowed to use the FBH.
- The FBH will be used only for meetings, symposiums, seminars, workshops, college programs and other institutional programs/activitie
- The requisitioner shall be held responsible for any damage that may be incurred in the use of the facility. Repair works, if any, shall be for the account of the requisitioner.
- Posting of any announcement on the walls of the FBH is strictly prohibited.
- The requisitioner should properly switch off the lights, air conditioning unit, etc.; chairs and tables should be in their proper places after the activity.
- Any equipment not available in the FBH should be requested separately.
- No one is allowed to use the POLCA office. All the preparations should be done inside the FBH and NOT in the POLCA office.
- The FBH may be used only from 9 AM to 5 PM from Mondays through Fridays.
- Clearance from the POLCA Office is required after the use of the FBH
|FBH Reservation Form
|Application Form for POLCA Scholarship
Download PDF format